Sunday, May 31, 2009

Brody's field day

Field day is always a blast. I love watching the kids compete, but I especially love it when they are good sports and have a good attitude even if they don't win. It's really fun watching Brody because he cheers for everyone and is just so happy. I also love it because he's not too embarrassed to come and give me a hug when he sees me or grandma. I have a funny story about his field day. We try to stagger the day with one of us there throughout the day. My mom and I took the morning, then we all went to lunch. Then Travis went, then my dad spend the last part of the afternoon there. While my dad was there I guess Brody was a little disappointed because he didn't win the 50 yard dash. My dad said it was really close, but he was OK with it. But then he was sitting there with my dad and it was time for the girls to race. I guess there was a girl who wasn't too fast and kind of lost by a lot. Brody got a smile on his face and whispered to my dad, "Boy she's really slow!" It was kind of ironic that he said that considering that he'd just barely lost himself! Oh well! Oh- another thing that Brody did really well at this year was the basketball shoot. He has really improved this year with basketball. He is outside shooting hoops any chance he can get. It's really paid off!





0 comments: