Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day





Well Memorial Day was really fun this year. When I was a kid, my grandparents had this tradition of going up to the canyon and cooking breakfast on Memorial Day. I loved doing that! But when my grandparents went on their mission, moved to Utah, and then of course passed away, we stopped going. Well, my Uncle has decided to bring the tradition back and last year we started doing it again. We had a blast, and it is amazing how long it has been that I have seen some of my cousins, aunts, and uncles who live here. Anyway, we ate, talked, and the kids and men threw a football around. Charli, Lyssa and Lauren, my sister's kid who is 2 months older than Charli, kept standing on top of the picnic tables and singing at the top of their lungs. It was very cute! Then, later, we went over to my parents and the kids swam, hot tubbed, and had a great time. It was really cold and kind of rainy that day, but the kids swam anyway! They didn't seem to mind a bit. I love holidays! Travis worked really hard on the Saturday before putting the garden in and planting some plants and flowers. We are going to try growing the tomatoes upside down this year, as per Darren's suggestion, so I am excited about that! We'll see if we can get as great of a yield as Darren has gotten! I'm really excited about summer!

0 comments: