
It was fun spending Father's Day this year with the Halls! It's about time that we were there for a holiday! We had a nice, quiet, relaxing morning. It was so nice! Grandma made us the best pudding, and we just visited most of the morning. It was really great. We got to spend some time with Grandpa, and I'll tell you what. I absolutely SCORED in the in-law department! I have the best 2nd parents! I appreciate them so much! The day of course got much busier later, but that morning I thought a lot about how blessed I am to have such great Fathers, and how blessed I am to have Travis. Just look at him. He loves his kids so much! He loves spending time with them, and takes little moments to show them how much he loves them. They know without a doubt their Daddy loves them! 
Here is a perfect example of how he shows his love for me. I was taking pictures of the kids to give him and the Dads for Father's Day. It took me so long to get the kids to cooperate for this! For some reason that day, Alyssa was in a bad mood, and just wouldn't give me a happy face for a picture. Travis could see from the basement window, where he was working, that I was having a hard time and he just came out, played with Lyssa a bit, got her into a good mood, then held her so I could get a smile. He didn't have to do that. I know that he is really busy with work, and for Heaven's sake, it was a present for him. But he saw a need and helped me. He does that all the time. He cleans all the time, he doesn't complain when I'm too tired to cook, he takes the kids so I can get a break. He puts the kids to bed every night. He works so hard for us. He loves the Gospel and is a great example to us. He's my best friend! I would rather spend time with him than anyone else! The bottom line is... he is just perfect for me! I can't imagine my life with anyone but him!


I just remembered a funny thing about Brody that happened at the reunion. One day when I went to pick him up, Isaac was showing me a movie that they had all made. Joshy was telling me what it was about. Brody was a tiger and was wrestling around with Isaac's big stuffed tiger. Joshy said that in the next video Brody (the tiger) and the stuffed tiger were going to mate. I tried not to act too shocked, so I casually asked, "What does mate mean?" Joshy looked at me like I didn't know anything and said, "You know...hug and kiss. Eeeew!" I loved that!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Father's Day
Posted by Allison at 6:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment