I wanted to write about a few of the things that have happened over the last couple of weeks with the kids. First, I will write about Brody. I had so much fun watching him at his field day. He did really well in his events, but what I loved most, was how he cheered on everyone else when they were racing. He was excited for everyone! He would cheer and give them high fives! He was a great sport and won several sportsmanship ribbons. He just has such a kind heart. Also, for days before field day he would "practice" for it by running laps in our yard or the around the house. He said he needed the practice so he could be the fastest in his class. But when field day finally came, if he wasn't the fastest he was OK with it and then would just cheer everyone else on. I even got to race against him a couple of times. Of course he totally whipped me! After he asked, "Mom were you going easy on me?" I guess that's what happens when you get older- your kids just start beating you down. We got to go out to lunch together after and one of his friends and his family sat with us so Brody was in heaven! He is such a social kid. He loves to be with friends and doing something every minute of every day. The first thing he asks me when he gets off the bus from school is, "Mom, what are we doing fun today?" The second thing I wanted to write about was going to the zoo with his class. We had a great time and it was the busiest I have ever seen the zoo (even on free days). They said there were over 80 buses of school kids that day! But the kids had fun and the day went so fast. I had 4 kids in my group and they each had a little booklet they had to fill in about their favorite animal. Brody and his friend finished it in about 5 or 10 minutes. Then we were off to find the Zebras for the girls. We were "observing" the zebras for- no kidding- one hour. The girls just took a little more time!! Anyway, while the girls were doing their work, I got to take lots of pictures with Brody and his friend. Brody and his friend were anxious to get going and see the rest of the animals. Brody really wanted to see the tigers. We finally found them the last 15 minutes (because of my terrible navigating skills) but at least we did and so the trip was a success! On the way back to the school on the bus, the kids were doing "bunny ears" behind me and counted hundreds of boyfriends! I remember doing the same things when I was a kid. We had a great time! Also, Brody was very excited to loose 2 of his front teeth this week! He said he was so glad to loose his buck teeth (they were sticking out kind of funny)!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Brody's field day and zoo trip
Posted by Allison at 10:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment